The finalists for our annual Cinesnaps Short Film Competition have been revealed, with 15 students from five South West schools in the mix. The students, representing schools from all corners of the region, will walk the red carpet at the Cinesnaps Grand Finale later this month.
The finalists and their respective school and film are:
- Tavian Ord and Jamie Jones, of Margaret River High School, with Tempus
- Alastair Bruce, Brendan Allan, Mikayla Winn, of St Mary Mckillop College, with One in a Billion
- Aidan Gillet and Jake Holland, of Cape Naturaliste College, with Butterfly
- Skye Allen and Kaila Walz, of Cape Naturaliste College, with The Watch
- Dylan McIntyre, of Manea Senior College, with Late or Early?
- Joshua Wittwer, Jayden Jackson and Blake Madden, of Cornerstone Christian College, with The Watch
- Cooper Warrick and James Kenworthy, of Cape Naturaliste College, 5 Minute Story
Supported by CinefestOZ Community Partner Rio Tinto, this annual project invites young, aspiring filmmakers age 15-18 from South West schools to create 3-5 minute films exploring a chosen theme. This year’s theme is The Watch.
Finalists will receive valuable feedback from a panel of industry professionals, this year comprising Jury Chair Myles Pollard, CinefestOZ Ambassador Sophia Forrest, and producer Sonia Borella.
CinefestOZ community manager Gabrielle Whirledge said the Grand Finale, taking place August 29 from 4.45pm at the Festival Hub, would be a youth-friendly, cinema-style seated red carpet event. “The Grand Finale will be an exciting showcase of the creativity brimming in the South West,” she said.
Get your Grand Finale tickets here!
CinefestOZ is supported by the State Government through Tourism WA’s Regional Events Program, which is funded by Royalties for Regions. Rio Tinto is a proud Premium Partner of CinefestOZ.
Media Inquiries: Taelor Pelusey – Regional Publicist, [email protected], or 0409 288 464