Set in the seaside centres of Busselton, Bunbury, Dunsborough and the Margaret River wine region, CinefestOZ premieres feature films and events in the region’s cinemas, wineries, small bars and galleries, making it a feast for the senses and an unforgettable five-day getaway.
CinefestOZ has consolidated its position as the premiere destination film festival in Australia with record numbers of high calibre film guests, a sensational line-up of new Australian and French films and unprecedented audience numbers.
In 2017, CinefestOZ highlights included:
- 203 Events and Screenings throughout the Festival across the South West.
- Over 80 FREE community screenings
- Film-related events, open to the public and ranging from Red Carpet premiere gala nights to intimate short film screenings in cosy bars
- Forums with filmmakers and cast members through Q&As and In Conversation events
- The $100,000 CinefestOZ Film Prize attracted record entries of Australian features and documentaries and Ali’s Wedding was presented with the CinefestOZ Film Prize
- Filmmaking workshops for public participation
- The Industry Cinepass was introduced with and Industry Program consisting of with workshops and events held in conjunction with Screenwest, Screen Australia, Australian Director’s Guild, Australian Writer’s Guild and WIFT WA.
- The Festival Hub was introduced at the new Busselton Civic and Administration Centre
- Cinesnaps schools program attracted 4000 South West school children to its film incursions and excursions, workshops and a Short Film competition
- Scott Hicks and Jacqueline McKenzie were inducted as the CinefestOZ Screen Legend
We welcome you to stay in touch by subscribing to our Festival Newsletter, where you can keep track of exciting announcements in the lead up to the Festival Week 22-26 August 2018.
The full festival program and ticketing will be live from July 2018, watch this space!
As a production of Geographe French Australian Festivals Incorporated, the CinefestOZ film festival is a not for profit event, produced by its Board of Directors.