Set in the seaside centres of Busselton, Bunbury, Dunsborough and the Margaret River wine region, CinefestOZ premieres feature films and events in the region’s cinemas, wineries, small bars and galleries, making it a feast for the senses and an unforgettable five-day getaway.
CinefestOZ has consolidated its position as the premiere destination film festival in Australia with record numbers of high calibre film guests, a sensational line-up of new Australian and French films and unprecedented audience numbers.
In 2019, CinefestOZ highlights included:
- 296 Events and Screenings throughout the Festival across the South West.
- Over 80 FREE community screenings
- Forums with filmmakers and cast members through Q&As and In Conversation events
- The $100,000 CinefestOZ Film Prize attracted record entries of Australian features and documentaries and H is for Happiness was presented with the CinefestOZ Film Prize
- The Industry Program had an incredibly successful year consisting of workshops and events held in conjunction with Screenwest, Screen Australia, Australian Director’s Guild, Australian Writer’s Guild and WIFT WA. This program offered over 200 filmmakers an opportunity to attend 19 networking events throughout the duration of the festival
- IndigifestOZ included 7 screenings of Indigenous feature films and 28 screenings of Indigenous short films showing to an audience of over 650 people
- Cinesnaps schools program engaged with 32,000 South West school children to its film incursions and excursions, workshops and a Short Film competition
- Kelton Pell was inducted as the annual CinefestOZ Screen Legend
We welcome you to stay in touch by subscribing to our Festival Newsletter, where you can keep track of exciting announcements in the lead up to the Festival Week 26-30 August 2020.
The full festival program and ticketing will be live from July 2020, watch this space!
As a production of Geographe French Australian Festivals Incorporated, the CinefestOZ film festival is a not for profit event, produced by its Board of Directors.