Set in the seaside centres of Busselton, Bunbury, Dunsborough and the Margaret River wine region, CinefestOZ premieres feature films and events in the region’s cinemas, wineries, small bars and galleries, making it a feast for the senses and an unforgettable five-day getaway.
CinefestOZ has consolidated its position as the premiere destination film festival in Australia with record numbers of high calibre film guests, a sensational line-up of new Australian and French films and unprecedented audience numbers.
In 2018, CinefestOZ highlights included:
- 347 Events and Screenings throughout the Festival across the South West.
- Over 150 FREE community screenings
- Film-related events, open to the public and ranging from Red Carpet premiere gala nights to intimate short film screenings in cosy bars
- Forums with filmmakers and cast members through Q&As and In Conversation events
- The $100,000 CinefestOZ Film Prize attracted record entries of Australian features and documentaries and Jirga was presented with the CinefestOZ Film Prize
- Filmmaking workshops for public participation
- The Industry Cinepass was introduced and Industry Program consisting of workshops and events was held in conjunction with Screenwest, Screen Australia, Australian Director’s Guild, Australian Writer’s Guild and WIFT WA.
- The Festival Hub was held at the new Busselton Civic and Administration Centre
- Cinesnaps schools program attracted over 5500 South West school children to its film incursions and excursions, workshops and a Short Film competition
- Sigrid Thornton was inducted as the annual CinefestOZ Screen Legend
We welcome you to stay in touch by subscribing to our Festival Newsletter, where you can keep track of exciting announcements in the lead up to the Festival Week 28 August to 1 September 2019.
The full festival program and ticketing will be live from July 2019, watch this space!
As a production of Geographe French Australian Festivals Incorporated, the CinefestOZ film festival is a not for profit event, produced by its Board of Directors.