Information and advice on the COVID-19 coronavirus for attendees, or those intending to attend CinefestOZ in Western Australia. Due to COVID-19 restriction and regulations, this year’s CinefestOZ may look a little different. CinefestOZ will remain compliant with all restrictions, which may alter at any time before or during the festival. We will keep audiences updated with any changes.
- WA’s Road Map
- Keeping safe
- Refund policy
- Event cancellation
WA’s Road Map
Western Australia is currently in Phase 4 of its response to COVID and CinefestOZ is planning to this; ensuring venues understand laws around venue limits, seating restrictions, cleaning rules, staff training and physical contact points. Further information from the WA Government on its phased COVID approach can be found here.
CinefestOZ has developed a COVID Safety plan to help mitigate the risk of COVID-19, as have the venues in which CinefestOZ will host its events. These plans are in line with health advice and provide extra confidence to patrons and staff entering the festival locations.
The safety of CinefestOZ audiences staff, volunteers, partners and suppliers is paramount.
- Continue to update our events and processes according to the latest government recommendations and regulations.
- Keep in touch with audiences to advise of any changes.
- Work with our venues to provide adequate hand sanitiser and hand-washing facilities at all venues.
- Ensure our staff and volunteers, and those of our venues, are trained on and follow COVID Hygiene and COVID Cleaning Practices
- Reduce physical contact points between audience and staff/volunteers
We ask guests to assist us with minimising risk by:
- Staying home if unwell (please see below section on refunds)
- Practicing good hygiene by coughing into your elbow or tissue and washing hands correctly
- Maintain social distancing according to the current government recommendations
- Downloading the SafeWA app here.
- Respecting festival and venue staff and volunteers, and fellow audience members, and following all instructions at the event.
Perth and Peel Region visiting CinefestOZ Albany 2021
It is important to note that those who have been in the Perth and Peel region since 17 April 2021 will be required to wear a face mask at all times until 12.01am Saturday 1 May 2021. However this advice may change, please check with the Western Australian Government website to keep up to date with the latest news here. Patrons are requested to provide their own masks.
If you are unwell and are no longer able to attend an event for which you have purchased tickets, please contact [email protected] to arrange a refund.
If a customer appears unwell at an event, a trained staff member will determine whether the risk to the audience, staff and volunteers present. A refund will be issued if the customer is not able to remain at the event.
Where you cancel any of your order or do not use your tickets in any way due to Government regulations, restrictions or guidelines that are either not removed as expected, extended, or reimposed or added to, you will be entitled to a refund or credit note (to be used at a later time), at the absolute discretion of CinefestOZ. CinefestOZ reserves the right to withhold some monies to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by you.
Where, as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, it is necessary to cancel an event, part of an event or the entire festival, CinefestOZ will refund ticket purchases for the affected event/s at our discretion. In the situation of a refund being applicable due to COVID-19 restrictions increasing and venue capacity decreasing, refunds will be made to ticket purchasers on a last-in, first-out basis.